Special Examination Administration
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Murray D. Lincoln Campus Center
1 Campus Center Way (for GPS: use 300 Massachusetts Ave.)
Amherst, MA 01003
Examinations will be administered on October 6, 2014.
Deadline to register is September 8, 2014.
Two testing sessions will be held, at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
You will be able to test on the 2009 code year and 2012 code year at both sessions.
Note: G1, G2, G3, G4, and G5 exams available on 2012 code year only; FE exam available on 2009 code year only.
Session 1: Starting Time 10:00 a.m.
|B1||Residential Building Inspector||$168|
|R3||Residential Plans Examiner||$189|
|E1||Residential Electrical Inspector||$168|
|M2||Commercial Mechanical Inspector||$189|
|M3||Mechanical Plans Examiner||$189|
|P1||Residential Plumbing Inspector||$168|
|P3||Plumbing Plans Examiner||$189|
|66||Fire Inspector I||$189|
|FM||Certified Fire Marshal||$189|
|FE||Cert Portable Fire Extinguisher Technician||$189|
|RF||Residential Fire Sprinkler Inspector||$189|
|79||Residential Energy Inspector/Plans Examiner||$189|
|21||Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner||$189|
|64||Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector||$189|
|C1||Coastal and Floodplain Construction Inspector||$189|
|G1||Green Building—Residential Examiner||$189|
|G2||IgCC Commercial Inspector||$189|
|G3||IgCC Commercial Inspector with ASHRAE 189||$189|
|EA||Commercial Energy Inspector with ASHRAE 90.1||$189|
Session 2: Starting Time 1:00 p.m.
|B2||Commercial Building Inspector||$189|
|B3||Building Plans Examiner||$189|
|E2||Commercial Electrical Inspector||$189|
|E3||Electrical Plans Examiner||$189|
|M1||Residential Mechanical Inspector||$168|
|P2||Commercial Plumbing Inspector||$189|
|FG||Fuel Gas Inspector||$189|
|67||Fire Inspector II||$189|
|F3||Fire Plans Examiner||$189|
|FK||Pre-engineered Kitchen Fire Extinguishing System Tech||$189|
|FN||Pre-engineered Industrial Fire Extinguishing System Tech||$189|
|77||Commercial Energy Inspector||$189|
|78||Commercial Energy Plans Examiner||$189|
|DR||Disaster Response Inspector||$189|
|G4||IgCC Plans Examiner||$189|
|G5||IgCC Plans Examiner with ASHRAE 189||$189|
|EB||Commercial Energy Plans Examiner with ASHRAE 90.1||$189|
An application for the examination is available by clicking here.
- For information on the examinations to be administered, please read the current Information Bulletin. This bulletin contains information on the testing process as well as specific information, including reference materials, length of testing, and content outlines.
- Examinations are open-book. Candidates are responsible for bringing their own approved reference materials to the exam. See the bulletin for information on these materials.
- References needed for taking the exams can be purchased from ICC by calling 1-888-422-7233 or at http://shop.iccsafe.org.
- Applications may be submitted by U.S. mail, courier, or facsimile.
- Applications must be received by the deadline date.
- Examination fees are non-refundable. Exceptions are outlined in the Bulletin.
- Photo identification, such as a driver’s license, will be required for admittance to the examination.
- If you have a physical disability that prohibits you from taking an examination under standard conditions, you may request special arrangements. Your letter of request must accompany this application, along with a completed special accommodations form. This form may be obtained by telephoning us at 1-888-422-7233. The request must be submitted and approved by the Code Council no later than September 8, 2014.