Exam Administration Process:
Proctored Online Testing Option (PRONTO)
There are multiple ways to purchase a computer-based or PRONTO exam; this is the easiest method.
- Search for the exam you wish to take in the Catalog Search. Once you have located your exam, click the green "Register" button.
- Choose the Code Cycle and the Exam Format (the method you wish to take your exam) and click on the "Add to Cart" button.
- Choosing a Code Cycle will reveal which Exam Formats are available under that code year.
- Exam Formats are available either as Computer-based (PearsonVUE) or PRONTO (online proctored testing).
- Click on "Add to Cart."
- You will be taken to your Shopping Cart screen where you can either continue shopping, update your cart, or proceed to checkout and follow steps to complete purchasing your exam.
- Once you have purchased your exam, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to go back to myICC.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU DO THE FOLLOWING BEFORE STARTING YOUR EXAM:
- Log in to your myICC account. Once back in myICC, click on the Exams tab, then "My Exams."
- For PRONTO exams (listed in My Exams as "Pronto"), click on the icon under Action when you are ready to take the exam.
- Remember: You may not leave the room during your PRONTO exam. Leaving the room during your exam may be grounds for immediate termination of your exam and invalidation of your test results.
Launching Your Exam
- You will register for an exam via myICC and pay for it via the ICC Store.
- After the exam has been successfully granted, go back to your myICC dashboard, go to Exams -> My Exams and locate your Exam Title.
- PLEASE ENSURE YOU DO THE FOLLOWING BEFORE STARTING YOUR EXAM:
- Select the "Take Exam" button under Action.NOTE: You may not leave the room during your PRONTO exam. Leaving the room during your exam may be grounds for immediate termination of your exam and invalidation of your test results.
- On the Code of Ethics Screen, once you've agreed to the terms, you will be taken to a new page that asks you to prepare to connect with your virtual Proctor. This is the last page in the PRONTO exam process where you can take the Tutorial Exam before starting your actual PRONTO exam.
- Once you are ready to connect with your proctor, click on “Launch Proctoring Service.”
- You will be taken to the Examity system dashboard where you will see the My Profile and Start Exam features.
- First, go to My Profile and complete the following:
- Check if your computer meets requirements to take your exam
- Confirm your time zone
- Enter your phone number. Your phone number will be used when a proctor needs to contact you in real time during your exam.
- Make sure to save your information on the My Profile page
- Go back to the Dashboard on the top left of the menu.
- Click on “Begin Scheduled Exam." You will see information regarding your exam on the next page. Please take note of the following before you connect with your proctor:
- Note on Exam Time: You will be automatically scheduled into the next available proctors “pool; this is done through 15-minute intervals. For example, if you clicked on “Launch Proctoring Service” at 09:16, your exam will be “scheduled” to be proctored at 09:30. You are not required to “wait” until 9:30 to be proctored; you are encouraged to “start” as soon as you are on the Examity dashboard. Once you do click Connect to Proctor before your scheduled time, you may have to wait until the next available proctor starts your session.
- Make sure your Pop-up Blocker is turned OFF: Examity has a static note on their screen that reminds you to make sure you turn off your pop-up blockers on your browser before you start your exam.
Connecting With Your Proctor
Click "Connect to Proctoring." You will recieve a prompt to download a temporary GoToMeeting software to connect with your proctor via video. Once you have followed the steps to download the software, you will be connected to a live, online proctor.
NOTE: If you’re connecting at home, and you’re still experiencing connection difficulties, you may have a software firewall installed (examples of software firewalls include McAfee Security, Norton Security, and Zone Alarm). Click here for additional assistance.
- The proctor will ask to see the front and back of your approved identification to authenticate.
- The proctor will ask you to conduct a full scan of the room with your webcam (ceiling, floor, 360-degrees, etc.); if unauthorized material is seen, the proctor will direct you to remove these (including cell phones). You must be in an enclosed room with no other individuals present in the room. The online proctor is available throughout the duration of the exam via live chat and video.
- The online proctor will also do a desktop scan of your computer to ensure any third-party applications or windows outside of the exam are closed and will not be accessed during the exam.
- After the authentication process, approval of area, approval of the desktop and confirmation of the exam to be taken, the proctor will then send you an exam launch URL (link) through the chat session.
- Copy and paste this URL into your browser and go to the link.
- Once you have gone to the link, your exam time will begin.
- The proctor will remain connected via webcam, audio and text throughout the duration of the exam. If the proctor notices errant behavior, the proctor can pause the exam and either notify you to stop or can discontinue the exam.
PLEASE NOTE: Your examination administration is NOT over until the proctor disconnects from your computer. If you choose to leave the examination administration before the proctor has disconnected from your computer, your examination results may be invalidated by ICC.
Finishing Your Exam
At end of exam, you will click the “Submit Exam” button in order to complete your exam. You will then receive immediate feedback on the pass/fail result of the exam. The proctor will then close the exam window and disconnect from your computer.
The room should be in a quiet place with a door that can be shut. While the room does not have to be empty, the less distraction the best. Again, only one person can be in the room at a time.Make sure you are comfortable and fully prepared to remain in full view of the web cam for the duration of your exam. You may not leave the room during your PRONTO exam. Leaving the room during your exam may be grounds for immediate termination of your exam and invalidation of your test results.Computer: A laptop may be used, but a docking station with monitors attached cannot. Prior to the examination, the proctor will shut down external monitors.
Peripherals: Webcam, speakers, and microphone
Internet: While you can use WiFi, we recommend using wired high speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable. Also, we recommend internet connection of 2MB upload/download.
Windows XP – Windows 10
Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) – 10.13 (High Sierra)
Browser (with pop-up blocker disabled):
Google Chrome v39 or later
Mozilla Firefox v34 or later
Internet Explorer v8 or later
Microsoft Edge (all versions)
Apple Safari v6 or later
Flash: No flash requirements.
Need to Test Your System? Go to https://prod.examity.com/systemcheck/computerreadinesscheck.aspx .
For more technical support, please contact Examity:
- Call 855-Examity (855-392-6489), Option 1
- Or send an email to email@example.com.
What can I bring to a PRONTO exam?
Here’s what you’re Allowed to have available with you during your exam:
- Copyrighted, bound material
- Please make sure the reference(s):
- Are bound (either original bound book, three-ring binder, or stapled). Photocopies of copyrighted materials are not allowed.
- Have notes written in ink or highlighted
- Have permanently attached tabs (tabs that can’t be removed without destroying the page).
- Basic, four-function calculator (nonprogrammable)
- Eyeglasses/reading glasses
- Architects’ scale or ruler
- Analog watch
- Please make sure the reference(s):
The following items are Prohibited:
- Loose papers
- Writing utensils
- “Smart” watch (i.e., Apple or Galaxy watch)
- Any electronic device other than your computer (i.e. any second monitor or screen)
- If you are using a laptop to take the test, you will not be able to have an external monitor attached. This is also true if you are using a docking station.
Tip 1: Ensure the best Screen Resolution:
- The recommended minimum resolution is 1280 X 1024.
- For 16:9 displays at 15” or more, we recommend you adjust your resolution to 1680 X 1050.
Tip 2: Optimize your Zoom Function:
Some questions will require you to examine an exhibit, or image(s) that are attached to the question. If you need to enlarge an image, you can click on the image. You can then move your mouse over the image to bring up a magnifying glass that will take a closer look at a specific spot in that image.
- What if I’m not satisfied with the magnifying glass? You can enlarge your screen using your keyboard:
- Windows/PC users: Hold down the Ctrl button, then press + or – to adjust the size your browser’s window.
- Mac users: Hold down Command button, then press + or – to adjust the size your browser’s window.
- Be sure to adjust the zoom when you are finished looking at the image—you don’t want to miss details in the question if you’re really zoomed in!
Tip 3: Make sure your Internet is STABLE:
While you can use WiFi, we recommend using wired high speed internet access as WiFi may not be as stable.
Tip 4: Make sure you are comfortable and fully prepared to remain in full view of the web cam for the duration of your exam:
You may not leave the room during your PRONTO exam. Leaving the room during your exam may be grounds for immediate termination of your exam and invalidation of your test results.
For all ICC Administrative Rules and Procedures, please click here.