Why do we have an updated voter Validation process?
- The Board of Directors instituted this new Electronic Voter Validation System to further enhance the code development process.
- This online tool documents additional information about Governmental Member Voting Representatives ("GMVRs") in order to address concerns that have been raised about eligibility at recent hearings.
- Collecting more information about GMVRs:
- Enhances public confidence that only eligible voters are voting.
- Expedites the voter validation process.
- Enables ICC to more readily resolve eligibility questions that are raised by stakeholders
How does the Electronic Voter Validation System work?
- ICC has developed a new online tool that is a user friendly way to designate voters.
- Primary Representatives can visit our website at www.iccsafe.org/EVDS to log in and access this new form.
- The Primary Representative then fills out a short online questionnaire about each individual a Governmental Member would like to designate as a GMVR for this year's code development cycle and Annual Business Meeting.
- ICC then reviews the information and will either validate the individual to serve as a GMVR at this year's Annual Business Meeting and/or Public Comment Hearing, or contact the Primary Representative for further information.
Who needs to use the new Electronic Voter Validation System?
Every Governmental Member that intends to have GMVRs validated in time to vote in this year's code development cycle and at this year's Annual Business Meeting must use this online tool to designate the Member's voting representatives, even those GMVRs who have voted in the past.
When can GMVR vote during the 2014 Code Development Cycle?
The voting opportunities that will occur during this year’s code development cycle for properly validated GMVR include
(i) the online voting for the Assembly Floor Motion following the Committee Action Hearing (via cdpACCESS™),
(ii) in person voting at the Public Comment Hearing, and
(iii) the online voting for the Governmental Consensus Vote that follows the Public Comment Hearing (via cdpACCESS).
What is the deadline to validate GMVR for eligibility to vote at the Online Assembly Floor Motion?
The online questionnaire must be completed by the Primary Representative by March 28th for GMVR to be eligible to vote at this year’s Online Assembly Floor Motion Vote.
What is the deadline to validate GMVR for eligibility to vote at the Annual Business Meeting, Public Comment Hearing and Online Governmental Consensus Vote?
The online questionnaire must be completed by the Primary Representative by September 1, 2014 for GMVR to be eligible to vote at this year’s Annual Business Meeting, Public Comment Hearing and Online Governmental Consensus Vote.
If a GMVR has been properly validated for the Online Assembly Floor Motion Vote, does the Primary Representative need to re-validate the GMVR for the Annual Business Meeting, Public Comment Hearing and Online Governmental Consensus Vote?
No. Only one online questionnaire must be completed each calendar year, unless there are updates or changes to be made.
What is the deadline for becoming an ICC Governmental Member eligible to participate in the Code Development Cycle and Annual Business Meeting?
Deadline to join as a new or reinstate an expired Governmental Member to be eligible to participate in this year’s code development cycle and Annual Business meeting is March 28, 2014.
Contact Member Services via email@example.com for more information about Member benefits.
Who has access to the new system?
Only Primary Representatives have access to the new system in order to ensure that the Primary Representative has the sole responsibility for the information provided.
Does a Governmental Member need to revalidate GMVRs every year?
- Yes, one online questionnaire must be completed per calendar year, subject to the deadlines referenced above
- The process is simple: If there are no changes to a GMVR's status, the Primary Representative may simply confirm all information remains the same and recertify that individual. If changes to a GMVR, or to an existing GMVR's job title or job description, the Primary Representative must edit the information previously submitted, in which case ICC will review the information and either validate the individual to vote or contact the Primary Representative for further information.
Whom may I contact if I have questions?
Member Services staff are available to help at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 888-ICC-SAFE (888-422-7233) x33804.