ICC board highlights from Columbus
In conjunction with ICC’s 2017 Annual Conference, the ICC board of directors held a meeting in Columbus, Ohio, on Sept. 9. In addition to hearing presentations from Henry Chamberlain of the Building Owners and Managers Association International, Mick Schwedler of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, and Randy Noel of the National Association of Home Builders, the board addressed a number of items, including the following highlights:
- Building Safety Service Provider Work Plan — The board approved a Building Safety Service Provider (BSSP) work plan, which outlines a series of initiatives that will mutually benefit and strengthen the relationship between the BSSP industry and ICC.
- 2018–2019 Cycle Revisions — The board approved proposed revisions to CP–28, Code Development Process, many of which are the result of comments received from stakeholders.
- Council Policy Updates — In addition to the aforementioned approved revisions to CP–28, Code Development Process, the board also approved revisions to CP–44, Code Correlation Committee; CP–45, Professional Development Council; and CP–30, Major Jurisdictions Committee.
- Appointment of Ad Hoc Committee on Disaster Mitigation — The board approved the development of a three-member Ad Hoc Committee to work with ICC’s chief executive officer in developing a disaster mitigation proposal.
- Technical Committee Appointments — The board took under consideration the recommendation from the 2017 Codes and Standards Council and approved appointments to the 2018–2020 Code Development, Code Correlation and Interpretation Committees.
For specific information regarding these or other agenda items, please do not hesitate to contact International Code Council Corporate Affairs/Governance Associate Will Coffman, Esq.