ICC board meets in Columbus
On April 14, 2018, the ICC Board of Directors held its spring meeting in Columbus, Ohio, in conjunction with the International Code Council’s Committee Action Hearings. During this meeting, the board dispensed with the following notable items:
- School Safety and Security Ad Hoc Committee — ICC Board President Jay Elbettar and the board agreed on the formation of an ad hoc committee that will focus on classroom security initiatives. President Elbettar proceeded to appoint several board members to the committee and asked Board Director Angie Wiese to serve as chair. A call for additional committee members will be issued soon.
- Student Membership Changes — The board approved a reduction in the requisite amount of credit hours for student memberships from 12 hours to three hours.
- Annual Conference Shadow Program Update — The board was provided an update on the 2018 Annual Conference Shadow Program and approved an additional day for the program to allow shadows to attend the Saturday board meeting.
- Increased Support for the Annual Conference Welcome Event — The board approved an increase in the Code Council’s financial contribution to the Annual Conference Welcome Event. This action increases ICC’s contribution from a $17,000 cap to a $40,000 cap and is to take effect as part of the 2018 Annual Conference.
- Technical Committee Appointments — The board approved appointments to the ICC 500 Design and Construction of Storm Shelters Standard Committee and the ICC 802 Landscape Irrigation Sprinkler and Emitter Standard Committee. Individual appointment e-mails are forthcoming.
In addition to these actions, representatives from the Code Council’s strategic partners — the National Association of Home Builders and the American Institute of Architects — addressed the board regarding their current and upcoming initiatives.
The next in-person board meeting will take place on July 27, 2018, in Blaine, Wash. Information on upcoming and previous board meetings can be found on ICC’s website.