Make your opinion matter — Join an ICC Exam Development Committee
If you’ve ever been interested in having a say in the development and maintenance of the ICC National Certification exams, now’s the time to apply. We have openings on the following Exam Development Committees (EDCs):
- Reinforced/Prestressed Concrete Special Inspector
- Structural Masonry Special Inspector
- NEW Tall Mass Timber Buildings Special Inspector
By serving on an EDC, you can share your expertise and help ensure the credibility and validity of International Code Council certifications, as well as earn CEUs (continuing education units), contribute to exam development, promote building and fire safety, and add to your professional credentials. Expectations of an EDC member include:
- Contribution and generation of information in a working team environment.
- Attendance at all Code Council in‐person meetings, which generally occur once every three‐year term. (These meetings will require three to four days of time away from your workplace.)
- Attendance in scheduled web teleconferences throughout the year. (These meetings will cover various items required in the development, validation and maintenance of examinations. The meetings generally last two hours and access to internet and electronic medium such as desktops, laptops and/or tablets will be required.)
- Prompt completion of assignments.
Exam Development Committee members are appointed by the Certification Committee of the Professional Development Council for a three‐year term. Applications are reviewed for experience, education, certifications held, previous committee experience, and geographic location/municipality size to ensure our committees are representative of the entire United States. Learn more about what an EDC member does.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Feb. 29, 2020. If you already sent in an application, you do not need to reapply. Please complete the application form and follow the mailing/email instructions on the form. For more information, contact the ICC Assessment Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-ICC-SAFE (888-422-7233), ext. 5524.