New option for sharing your achievements
The landscape for sharing your credentials is changing. The International Code Council is excited to begin providing digital badges that recognize your accomplishments and can be shared easily on many different platforms — from your social media channels to professional networks.
New to digital badges? Badges are verifiable, shareable and portable. They are a graphical representation of your credentials combined with a verifiable description of the knowledge and tests you have taken to earn it. A digital badge can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. Employers can click on a badge and immediately see that it was issued by the Code Council and is valid. Think of them as extensions of your current certifications and resume.
We will begin by offering the badges listed below and will continue with more being rolled out over the coming year:
- Permit Technician
- IECC/HERS Compliance Specialist
- Residential Building Inspector
- Commercial Building Inspector
- Building Plans Examiner
- Residential Mechanical Inspector
- Commercial Mechanical Inspector
- Mechanical Plans Examiner
- Residential Electrical Inspector
- Commercial Electrical Inspector
- Electrical Plans Examiner
- Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner
- Fire Inspector I
- Fire Inspector II
- Commercial Plumbing Inspector
- Residential Plumbing Inspector
- Plumbing Plans Examiner
- Certified Building Official
- Certified Fire Marshal
- Master Code Professional
You can access your badge by visiting your MyICC account and looking under your certifications. Once there, you will click on your badge and be able to directly share or download your badge for sharing of your choice. An email will also be sent when your badge becomes available.
Together we can modernize the way we share credentials. We encourage you to learn more about digital badges.