Code Council Seeks Nominations for Elected Official Award and Raising the Profile Award
The International Code Council invites nominations of qualified honorees for two awards that will be presented during May, which is Building Safety Month, at the association’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Raising the Profile Award
The Raising the Profile Award recognizes an individual or organization for acts or contributions that raise public awareness of accomplishments by code personnel that improve public safety in the built environment.
Previous recipients include the Clark County, Wash., “Think Permit” campaign, and the Virginia Building and Code Official Association and New River Valley Home Builders “Better Building. Safer Homes.” initiative.
Elected Official of the Year Award
Criteria for the Code Council’s 2012 Elected Official of the Year Award include:
- Demonstrating a commitment to building code adoption and enforcement;
- Encouraging adoption of codes to improve building department administration and safer construction;
- Documenting an increase in code enforcement during an official’s tenure;
- Speaking publicly about the importance of adopting and enforcing the most recent building codes; and
- Standing up to lobbying efforts that oppose code adoption, enforcement and standardization.
Previous recipients include South Carolina State Senator Phil P. Leventis, New Mexico State Senator Bernadette M. Sanchez and New Jersey Assemblyman John S. Wisniewski.
The International Code Council is a member-focused association dedicated to helping the building safety community and construction industry provide safe and sustainable construction through the development of codes and standards used in the design, build and compliance process. Most U.S. communities and many global markets choose the International Codes.