ICC Pulse Podcast Episode 53: How a Code Becomes a Code
In this episode of the ICC Pulse Podcast, Code Council experts dive into how a code is developed.
Have you ever wondered: “How does a building code come to be?” The International Code Council’s technical experts answer that question, Schoolhouse Rock style, in our 50th episode.
We also highlight a code official’s perspective on his jurisdiction’s code adoption process and his experience with participating in the code development process.
Listen to Episode 53 of the ICC Pulse Podcast, How a Code Becomes a Code, here.
Guests on the show:
- Beth Tubbs, Chief Fire Protection Engineer, International Code Council
- Samhar Hoz, Associate Staff Engineer, International Code Council
- Truong Hyunh, General Superintendent of Development Services, Building and Safety Bureau, City of Long Beach, California
- Susan Dowty, Government Relations Regional Manager, International Code Council (Retired)
- Gabe Maser, Senior Vice President of Government Relations and National Strategy, International Code Council
Links to related and referenced topics in this episode:
- The Code Development Process
- Upcoming changes to the Code Development Process
- Exploring Ways to Get Involved in the Code Development Process
- 2024-26 Code Development Schedule
- ICC Government Relations Team
- Codes Save
- Code and Standards
- Hearing Videos
- Council Policy on Code Development
- Council Policy on Standard Development
- Building Codes and Standards: Bringing Science to Building Safety