Nominate your industry favorites for service and leadership awards from the International Code Council
Do you know a building safety professional or organization that is exceptional? Is there someone who has gone the extra mile to help you or others in the building safety field? The International Code Council wants to know more about these extraordinary people for the 2021 Code Council Awards.
We are now accepting nominations for:
- The Bobby J. Fowler Award is the most prestigious award presented by the Code Council. The Fowler Award honors the memory of the first chairman of the ICC Board of Directors who led the charge to consolidate three regional model code organizations into one association.
- The Gerald H. Jones Code Official of the Year Award is given to an individual whose contributions advance the code enforcement profession and mission of the Code Council. The award is presented in honor of the founders of the three model code organizations: Albert H. Baum, M.L. Clement and Phil Roberts.
- The Robert W. Gain Fire Prevention Leadership Award is presented annually to recognize career achievement by an individual who has demonstrated exceptional leadership and longstanding dedication in support of fire codes and fire prevention. This prestigious award honors the memory of Chief Robert W. Gain, known as the “father of the Uniform Fire Code” who recognized and advocated the importance of fire codes and fire prevention in reducing loss of life and property due to fire, and championed a decade-long effort that created the Uniform Fire Code, a predecessor to the International Fire Code, first published in 1971.
- The ICC Educator of the Year Award recognizes excellence in promoting professional development. The award is given in memory of Brent Snyder, a renowned Code Council educator, for his calm and inspiring leadership. Please use the 2021 Educator of the Year Award Application.
- The ICC Community Service Award recognizes outstanding service that promotes public health, safety and welfare.
- The ICC Raising the Profile Award recognizes an individual or organization for acts or contributions that raise the public awareness of accomplishments by code personnel that improve public safety in the built environment.
- The Excellence in Public Safety Award is given to a member of the building industry who demonstrates integrity, professionalism, and dedication to public service in the interest of public safety.
- PMG Leadership Award is given to an individual or organization for exceptional service to the plumbing, mechanical, fuel gas and swimming pool/spa (PMG) industry.
Nominations are due Monday, March 15, 2021. Download the application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the specific application for ICC Educator of the Year Award nominations and send to email@example.com.
These awards will be presented at various events, including but not limited to the Code Council Annual Conference. Last year’s recipients were presented at the ICC Learn Live! virtual event. Click here to view the recipients from 2020.