Registering for an examination is quick and easy, and can be done entirely online if you choose. Quick info, including the exam outline and examination information bulletin, can be found in the exam listings below for each of the exams.
If you would like to register for a computer-based or paper/pencil examination, find the exam you are interested in and follow these steps:
- Click the title of the exam for which you wish to register
- Review the details of the exam, including the examination information bulletin (found at the Bulletin link in the exam listing)
- If you choose to take the exam via computer-based testing, click on the Pearson VUE link in the exam listing, which will take you to the Pearson VUE website to schedule your exam
- If you choose to take the exam via paper-and-pencil testing, continue following the steps below
- Select the date and location for your exam
- Select Add to Cart
- Select OK and proceed to Cart to process payment and checkout for your exam
Please note that not all tests are available via the paper-and-pencil testing method.
New: California and International Code-based Certification Transition
ICC is now offering a newly reworked transition program for certification holders that wish to receive an ICC National Certification or California Certification. If you hold specific certifications based on the International Codes or California Codes, you can receive the equivalent certification on the California Codes or International Codes. See the program information for more details.