Learn more about the testing process before Test Day. Review our policies and regulations on our Administrative Rules and Procedures page.
Taking a Certification Exam? Here are a few registration tips:
- Log in to myICC: You must be logged in to myICC to make an exam purchase. If you think you may already have an account, please contact us before creating a new one so we can ensure all of your information stays under one account.
- Pay Before You Schedule: You will be required to pay for your exam first before you can schedule if you are taking a National Certification, California, or UST/AST exam via CBT or PRONTO. But don't worry--you'll have one year to officially schedule or reschedule your purchased exam without paying for your exam again.
- Exam Attempts: For National and UST/AST Certification Exams, you will have six exam attempts within a six-month period. You are responsible for paying the exam fee at every attempt. Once you have attempted an exam six times, you must wait six months from the first attempt to register again.
You must have your government-issued photo identification ready to show the proctor (e.g. driver's license, passport).The identification must:
- Please Enter Your Legal Name Only: You must enter your first and last LEGAL NAME exactly as it appears on the identification you will present before testing. If there is not an exact match, you will not be able to take your test and you will not be reimbursed for any fees paid.
have the same legal first name and last name that matches your exam record
not be expired
have a signature
Planning on taking a PRONTO exam?
Test your system now.
Our Computer-based Testing (CBT) platform will perform monthly maintenance updates. If you purchase a CBT exam on any of the dates listed below, it will be available for you to schedule the following Monday.
November 21, 2020
December 19, 2020
Please refer to the individual state or jurisdiction specific Bulletin located in the Exam Catalog for information regarding preauthorization.
Search for Your Exam
How to Use the Exam Catalog
Search for an exam by typing your exam or part of the title of your exam, or the Exam ID on the Search by Exam Title field
You can also search by Type and/or Category/Trade
When you search by Type, you can choose National Certification, State Certification, Contractor/Trade, or UST/AST
Choose which Type of exam you are looking for
• You can filter your exam by Category/Trade in the corresponding dropdown
• Or you can search everything by typing in the Search by Exam Title box
• If you choose State Certification or Contractor/Trade, a State dropdown box will appear
• If you need to start over with your search, hit the Reset button