Washington, D.C. – The International Code Council Committee Action Hearings will begin Sunday, April 11, and run through May 5, 2021. This year’s virtual hearings offer code officials, architects, builders, plumbing officials, contractors, engineers, and fire and energy conservation professionals the opportunity to provide input on the proposed code changes to the Group A International Codes (I-Codes). The I-Codes are a family of model codes used throughout the world that establish minimum requirements for the construction and maintenance of safe, sustainable buildings.
The Group A Codes include:
- International Building Code
- International Fire Code
- International Fuel Gas Code
- International Mechanical Code
- International Plumbing Code
- International Private Sewage Disposal Code
- International Property Maintenance Code
- International Residential Code
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- International Wildland-Urban Interface Code
- International Zoning Code
“The virtual code hearings allow us to continue our development of the 2024 I-Codes while also ensuring the health and safety of hearing participants, which is our number one priority,” said Dominic Sims, CBO, Chief Executive Officer of the Code Council. “The hearings are a highly collaborative process to which we welcome participation from a diverse group of industry professionals.”
- Participation is free, but registration is required. To register, visit iccsafe.org/springhearings.
- Download the hearings schedule.
About the International Code Council
The International Code Council is the leading global source of model codes and standards and building safety solutions. Code Council codes, standards and solutions are used to ensure safe, affordable and sustainable communities and buildings worldwide.