Established in 2012, the Code Council Global Award recognizes the contributions of the Code Council’s members and associates to international building safety.
The 2021 Global Award recipient is Eng. Abdul Latif Helaly, project director of the Urban Resilience Project: RAJUK part.
Previous Global Award Winners
Caribbean Community Regional Organization for Standards and Quality (CROSQ)
led by Chief Executive Officer Deryck Omar
(1) Eng. Abdulhameed Ali Al-Marzouqi, director of Policy, Contracts and Asset Management at the Department of Urban Planning and Municipalities, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, and
(2) Chuck Ramani, founder and past president of the International Accreditation Service
Dr. Brian Meacham of the Worcester Polytechnic Institute
The Global Cooperation Department of ASTM International
under the leadership of its Vice-President, Ms. Teresa Cendrowska
The International Trade Administration of the U.S. Department of Commerce
Ms. Evangelina Hirata Nagasako, Technical Director of the National Body of Standardization and Certification for Building and Construction in Mexico, for her efforts to spread ICC’s mission of a safer built environment
(1) Dr. Khalid El Zahaby, Chairman of Egypt’s HBRC, for his leadership helping enhance the performance of the building sector in the Arab Republic of Egypt through scientific research, code development and construction materials specifications; and
(2) Target Corporation and Target Code Compliance Manager Tom Phillips for their leadership and active participation in the development of the Replicable Buildings Guideline
(1) His Excellency, Ahmed Mohamed Shareef, Undersecretary of the Department of Municipal Affairs, Abu Dhabi, UAE, for being the driving force behind the adoption, development and implementation of the Abu Dhabi Building Codes; and
(2) Mr. Imad Eldurubi, President of the WOBO for his outstanding leadership and active participation promoting ICC’s core values globally