Survey and Results
The International Code Council surveyed how building and public safety communities are adapting to the unique challenges the coronavirus pandemic presents. Thank you to those who shared your experiences. Read our survey findings.
A "Maintaining Building Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic" document series has been written to outline important considerations and a set of potential solutions for code departments related to permitting, plan review, inspections and the codes.
- Considerations for Opening Following the COVID-19 Pandemic Part 1: Buildings in the Community and the Role of the Code Department (May 1, 2020)
- Considerations for Opening Following the COVID-19 Pandemic Part 2: Code Department Operations (May 1, 2020)
- Structures Used for Temporary Healthcare Use (April 10, 2020)
- Considerations for Moving Permitting and Plan Review Online (April 8, 2020)
- Considerations for Virtual and Remote Inspections (April 8, 2020)
- How the International Codes Facilitate Our Response (April 8, 2020)
- Building Safety and COVID-19: A snapshot of code compliance in the United States during the pandemic (April 2, 2020)
Here are examples of Code Council chapters tracking department statuses in their area.