FEMA’s BRIC Program
Get Ready for FEMA’s 2021 BRIC Program!
Now in its second year, the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC) program is set to award $1 billion for pre-disaster mitigation grants. This is an opportunity for jurisdictions to submit applications for programs and services to improve their code adoption, enforcement, and operations because BRIC prioritizes the adoption and enforcement of hazard resistant building codes and makes funding available for adoption activities.
Click here for a fact sheet on how the FY2021 BRIC program promotes the adoption and enforcement of hazard resistant codes.
What can you do now?
- Save these dates:
- Application Opening: September 30, 2021
- Application Deadline: January 28, 2022
- Note: Local governments must apply through their states. Many states have fixed subapplication deadlines that precede the application deadline. Contact your State Hazard Mitigation Officer (SHMO) to confirm your state’s deadline. Click here to find you SHMO’s contact information.
- Identify your department’s needs that qualify for BRIC funding.
- Click here for FEMA’s BRIC Building Code Activities document.
- Note: Code activities are eligible as a “Capability- and Capacity-Building” (C&CB) activity under $1 million State/Territory and Tribal set-asides.
- Reach out to your jurisdiction’s Mitigation Officer and share your department’s needs and discuss the application process.
- Coordinate with your ICC chapter and state agencies.
- Stay tuned for a Code Council webinar on FY2021 BRIC funding opportunities! Forthcoming FEMA webinars on the program can be accessed here.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.