Building Membership Council
The purpose of the Building Membership Council (BMC) shall be to enhance professionalism and advocate for concerns and issues that are of particular interest to building officials, to assist ICC in increasing the participation of such individuals in the ICC Code development process, and to advise ICC on programs and policies, legislative matters, code adoption issues and such other matters as the Council deems appropriate.
The Building Membership Council (BMC) is open to all ICC Members and will serve the needs of Building and others in code enforcement. You'll have an opportunity to discuss issues that you face as a community, and how ICC might best serve you. If you're looking to get more involved in the building community, network with peers, enhance your profession and career, and influence the direction of ICC to your benefit, enroll in the Building Membership Council today.
Simply fill out the enrollment form, and ICC will be in touch with more details. The Governing Committee serves to actively engage Members in discussions about priorities and opportunities for the direction of the Council.
Next BMC Governing Committee Meeting
Follow BMC on Social Media
BMC Governing Committee Meeting Information
Next Meeting – Wednesday, January 11, 2023 - Check back soon to view the agenda.
- Click here to view the committee documents.
- Click here to watch the November 2, 2022 meeting.
- Click here to view the September 14, 2022 meeting minutes.
- ICC Membership Council meeting videos on YouTube
- Click here to view the June 23, 2021, special presentation: Gila River – Code Adoption In Tribal Nations – presented by David Jackson. Click here to view the introductory video: A Day In The Field with the Gila River Community Building Inspectors
- Click here to view the April 14, 2021, special presentation by Nora Spencer from Hope Renovations.
- Click here to view the special joint BMC/FSMC event from December 16, 2020: Making a Difference in Our Communities: Innovative Solutions During Adverse Times – Note the password is: ICCWebex2020
- Click here to view the special presentation – "Boosting Employee Morale During COVID-19" presented by Carlos Yado, CBO; City of San Juan Capistrano, CA on September 15, 2020.
Call for BMC Subcommittee Membership 2022
The Building Membership Council has three subcommittees. Continuity & Outreach Subcommittee (C&O) membership is limited to Membership Council Governing Committee members. The Raise The Profile (RTP) and the Best Practices & Innovation (BPI) subcommittees are looking for volunteer members. Please consider joining one of these important subcommittees.
Please click here to review the description of each subcommittee.
Please click here to apply to be on a BMC subcommittee.
The International Code Council Government Relations Innovation in Code Administration Award Program recognizes fire and building organizations for innovation in the delivery of code administration services in their communities.
ICC Code Chat Forums
Want to comment on the latest Building Membership Council news and discuss related fire service activities? Visit ICC's discussion forums today!
Search all Membership Council documents for current and past information.
2022 BMC Governing Committee
Tom Allen, Lake County, FL
Audrey Cline, Town of Durham, NH
Dan Dockery, Past Chair - NC
Christopher McWhite, Town of Smithfield, RI
Michael Metcalf, LA
Steve Nordhues, City of Norfolk, NE
Amrinder Singh, Municipality of Norristown, PA
James Williamette, City of St. Paul, MN
Eric Woods, City of Atlanta, GA
Robin Yochum, State of Nevada
Doug Wise, Palm Beach County, FL
Ron Hampton, ICC Board of Directors
Bill Nash, Senior Regional Manager, Government Relations
Questions on the Council? Contact Ron Piester
The Building Membership Council has three subcommittees as listed below.
Please consider joining one of these important subcommittees.
Continuity & Outreach (C&0) Subcommittee
Next meeting: TBD
Best Practices & Innovation (BPI) Subcommittee
Next meeting: TBD
Raise The Profile (RTP) Subcommittee
Next meeting: TBD