Fire & Life Safety Institute
You will receive an overview of the fire and life safety requirements of buildings as indicated in the 2015 International Building Code. You will be presented with specific problems related to fire and life safety of buildings and as well as the application of related code provisions. This institute will address critical topics to enhance technical skills, deepen understanding and help them gain the necessary knowledge and tools to apply the code effectively efficiently and reasonably. The topics that will be covered include building classification, fire protection and means of egress. Each participant will receive all necessary reference materials.
Available Dates & Locations
- Atlanta, GA: November 6 - 8, 2017
- Myrtle Beach, SC: February 26 - 28, 2018
|Price||Course Duration||# CEUs Awarded||PP||AIA||HSW|
- Determine their strengths and areas to improve as a Code Official.
- Describe techniques to successfully hire, manage, and maintain a staff in a building department.
- Describe techniques to manage building department finances.
- Discuss ethics and its practical application to Building Officials.
- Use effective Code administration and enforcement techniques to assist in executing the legal aspects of their job.
NOTE: Discounts will be taken at time of checkout.
The following course references are included with this Institute:
- 2015 Means of Egress
- 2015 IBC Building Classification
- 2015 IBC Fire Protection