Plan Review Institute
This institute will focus on the knowledge and skills necessary to perform a plan review referencing the 2015 International Residential Code and the structural and nonstructural provisions of the International Building Code. At this five-day institute, you will learn to effectively perform structural and nonstructural and residential plan reviews. You will also learn how to increase your efficiency in determining if a given set of plans and specifications complies with the applicable 2015 International Codes (I-Codes). A step-by-step process to perform specific plan reviews and receive detailed checklists to accurately review plans for code-compliant buildings will be presented. The first two days will focus on performing a residential plan review. Day three will focus on performing a structural plan review. Days four and five will focus on performing a nonstructural plan review. Each participant will receive all necessary reference materials.
Available Dates & Locations
- Los Angeles, CA: November 13 - 17, 2017
- Birmingham, AL: March 12 - 16, 2018
|Price||Course Duration||# CEUs Awarded||PP||AIA||HSW|
- Identify related plan review provisions in the 2015 IRC.
- Perform steps in completing a residential plan review.
- Apply the 2015 IRC to the plan review procedure.
- Identify where minimum code requirements have not been met and cite applicable code sections.
- Describe the purpose of performing a structural plan review.
- Perform a structural plan review.
- Verify that structural loads are in compliance with code requirements.
- Verify that foundation system design is in compliance with code requirements.
- Verify that structural components and materials are in compliance with code requirements.
- Comply with the applicable standards of 2015 IBC regarding nonstructural plan reviews.
- Perform a building plan review.
- Perform a review of fire-resistance-rated construction and interior finishes.
- Perform a review of the fire protection systems.
- Perform a review of the means of egress.
NOTE: Discounts will be taken at time of checkout.
The following references are included with this Institute:
- 2015 IBC Performing Residential Plan Reviews
- 2015 IBC Performing Structural Plan Reviews
- 2015 IBC Performing Nonstructural Plan Reviews