Plan to join us for the Group B Public Comment Hearings | September 14–18
The hearings provide an opportunity for participants to influence the 2024 I‑Codes, the most widely-used and adopted set of building safety codes in the world. At the hearings, Governmental Member Voting Representatives vote on hundreds of proposed code changes on behalf of their respective jurisdictions. 2024 Group B Codes include:
More details on codes covered in Group B:
- Admin: Chapter 1 of all the I-Codes except the IECC and IRC. Also includes the update of currently referenced standards in all of the 2021 Codes, except the IgCC.
- IBC-S: IBC Structural provisions. IBC Chapters 15 – 25 and IEBC structural provisions.
- IEBC: IEBC Non-structural provisions.
- IgCC: Chapter 1 of the IgCC. Remainder of the code is based on the provisions of ASHRAE Standard 189.1 Standard for the Design of High-Performance Green Buildings, Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings. The 2021 IgCC was published in Spring 2021.
- IRC-B: IRC Building provisions. Chapters 1 – 10 and selected appendices.
See page 3 of the 2021/2022 Code Development Schedule for details on code chapters, notes and committee information for the Group A codes.
In-person participation or attendance at the code hearings can earn up to 1.0 CEUs.