In accordance with Section 4.0 of Council Policy 33 Guideline Development, the Container Guideline Development Committee has posted Guideline G5 – Guideline for the Safe Use of ISO Intermodal Shipping Containers Repurposed as Buildings and Building Components for public comment. It is posted in a Word format to facilitate comments to be submitted in track changes as an attachment to an email. Email your public comment attachment to ContainerGuidelineComments@iccsafe.org (the email address will be active by July 24th). The comment deadline is August 26th. If you have any questions, direct them to Mike Pfeiffer at email@example.com.
ICC Guidelines are different from codes and standards because they are not mandatory. Guidelines contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the built environment by addressing subjects that are not adequately covered by existing technical information. The guideline development process begins with the identification and assessment of a proposed need.
Ongoing Guideline Projects
- ICC and the Modular Building Industry (MBI) are working together on the development of a Guideline to address the use of new and used shipping containers as a structural building element. For more information, please contact Mike Pfeiffer
The following projects have been completed and are available for purchase:
- ICC G1-2010 Guideline for Replicable Buildings
- ICC G2-2010 Guideline for Acoustics
- ICC G3-2011 Global Guideline for Practical Public Toilet Design
- ICC G4-2012 Guideline for Commissioning
For More Information
If you have any questions, please contact Hamid Naderi.
View ICC's Council Policy on Guideline Development.