Plan to join us for the Group A Public Comment Hearings | September 21–26
The hearings provide an opportunity for participants to influence the 2024 I‑Codes, the most widely-used and adopted set of building safety codes in the world. At the hearings, Governmental Member Voting Representatives vote on hundreds of proposed code changes on behalf of their respective jurisdictions. 2024 Group A Codes include:
Only certain sections of the IBC and IRC are covered in Group A:
- IBC-E: IBC Egress provisions – Chapters 10 and 11
- IBC-FS: IBC Fire Safety provisions – Chapters 7, 8, 9 (partial), 14 and 26; IBC Structural (1)
- IBC-G: IBC General provisions – Chapters 3 – 6, 12, 13, 27 – 33; ICC Performance Code (2)
- IRC-M: IRC Mechanical provisions – Chapters 12 – 23
- IRC-P: IRC Plumbing provisions – Chapters 25 – 33
See page 2 of the 2021/2022 Code Development Schedule for details on code chapters, notes and committee information for the Group A codes.
For details about the code development process, download these infographics: How It Works and By the Numbers.
Earn CEUs by participating in this event.