Board Shadow Program
The Board Shadow Program provides an opportunity for emerging leaders to shadow the Board of Directors at the ICC Annual Conference as the Board conducts business and hosts our members at the Annual Conference. To participate, a potential shadow must be age 35 or younger or with fewer than 10 years in the industry who demonstrates the skills and desire to be a leader in our profession.
Each shadow must be willing to serve on the Emerging Leaders Membership Council (ELMC) and attend required Annual Conference events. During their stay, each Shadow accompanies their sponsor at meetings, events and other functions to experience the Annual Conference from the perspective of the Board of Directors.
The Board Shadow Program was an amazing opportunity to attend the meetings and hear about new ways of doing things. I got so much information and tips and I walked away inspired.”
– Alan Campos, Permit Technician,
City of Hemet, California, Board Shadow
- Shining a light on emerging code professionals
- Safety 2.0 welcomes a new generation of leaders into the building safety profession
- Emerging Leaders Profile: Elizabeth Arrington
- Emerging Leaders Profile: Russell Murphy
- Emerging Leaders Profile: Gary Forsyth II
- Emerging Leaders Profile: Alan Campos