Washington, D.C. –The two-week countdown has begun for the International Code Council’s 42nd annual Building Safety Month. The May event, designed to increase awareness of everyday safety issues in homes, schools and other buildings, features four weeks of educational offerings including webinars, Facebook LIVE events and other digital resources.
This Building Safety Month, the Code Council invites the public to attend free virtual events, including:
- Tiny Homes and Affordability, Tuesday, May 3, 3–4 pm ET
- Career Paths for Military Veterans, Tuesday, May 10, 2-3 pm ET
- Backflow Basics: Repair & Testing, Tuesday, May 24, 2-3:30 pm ET
- Pool Owner Safety 101, Wednesday, May 25, 2-3 pm ET
Register for these events and more on the Building Safety Month events page.
“This year’s theme ‘Safety for All: Building Codes in Action’ invites communities to get involved,” said Code Council Board of Directors President Cindy Davis, CBO. “Modern, regularly-updated building codes save lives and contribute to safer, more affordable and more sustainable buildings and communities. Building Safety Month helps to spread that message far and wide.”
2022 Building Safety Month sponsors include the American Concrete Institute, Gypsum Association, Simpson Strong-Tie and State Farm. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities, click here.
More information about Building Safety Month, including details regarding events, can be found at: www.buildingsafetymonth.org.
For communities and individuals who would like to participate in Building Safety Month:
- View this year’s Building Safety Month campaign video.
- Check out our campaign promotion guides, including how to host a webinar and run a social media campaign.
- Download campaign images, including the campaign poster, web banners, social media graphics and video call backgrounds.
- Visit the shop for promotional Building Safety Month items for sale such as brochures, pencils, stickers, hats and vests for kids.
- Re-share social media posts from the Code Council about Building Safety Month along with the hashtag #BuildingSafety365. For easy reference, here are links to the Code Council accounts: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram.
About the International Code Council
The International Code Council is the leading global source of model codes and standards and building safety solutions. Code Council codes, standards and solutions are used to ensure safe, affordable and sustainable communities and buildings worldwide.