Forum on U.S. Federal Funding Opportunities
Presented by the ICC Government Relations Team
Tuesday, September 13, 8 – 11 am
Louisville Convention Center | Room M101/102
The federal government is making available to code officials and building safety professionals an unprecedented amount of resources – hundreds of millions of dollars – in grants, technical assistance and additional support to encourage the adoption and effective implementation of safe, resilient, and sustainable building codes. The ICC Government Relations Team has been working hard to line up these resources and to connect Code Council members with these opportunities.
Join us to hear from FEMA, HUD, and DOE on the resources their organizations are making available and from the City of Chicago on how it successfully navigated FEMA’s Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP).
Presentations will be followed by breakout sessions with FEMA, HUD, and DOE.
- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) Energy Code Implementation Program and Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) Energy Codes Funding
- Building Resilient Infrastructure in Communities (BRIC)
- Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP)
- Post-Disaster Code Administration and Enforcement Assistance (DRRA sec. 1206)
- Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) and Disaster Mitigation (CDBG-MIT)