Richmond, Va. – The International Code Council welcomed a new slate of officers and directors to its Board of Directors during the Code Council Annual Business Meeting in Richmond, Va. The board sets the strategic direction for the association and acts as the voice of the association’s membership.
The new executive committee consists of:
- President – William R. Bryant, MCP, CBO. Bryant is the assistant director of Inspections and Permits for Anne Arundel County, Md. He is a former president of the Maryland Building Officials Association and was one of the first ICC-certified master code professionals.
- Vice President – Greg Wheeler, CBO. Wheeler is the chief building official for Thornton, Colo. He serves on the Colorado State Board of Appeals for School Construction and is a charter member and former president of the Colorado Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials.
- Secretary/Treasurer – Cindy Davis, CBO. Davis is the Virginia deputy director of the Division of Building and Fire Regulations. She also serves on the board of the National Institute of Building Sciences.
- Immediate Past President – Jay Elbettar, P.E., CBO, LEED AP, CASp. Elbettar is the building safety manager for the City of Lake Forest, Calif. He is a registered professional engineer in California, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Tennessee, Nevada and Texas.
Newly elected or re-elected directors are:
- Jim Brown, CBO, CFPS, Section B
- Ron Hampton, MCP, CBO, Section D
- Mike Boso, Director at Large
- Shirley Ellis, Director at Large
- Steve McDaniel, Director at Large
- Jim Sayers, Director at Large
- Angie Wiese, PE, CBO, Director at Large
“We are very grateful to have a Board of Directors with such extensive expertise in the building safety industry,” says Code Council Chief Executive Officer Dominic Sims, CBO. “These directors volunteer their time to make our buildings safer and our communities more resilient. We thank them for their leadership.”
For the full 2018-2019 Board roster, click here.
About the International Code Council
The International Code Council is a member-focused association. It is dedicated to developing model codes and standards used in the design, build and compliance process to construct safe, sustainable, affordable and resilient structures. Most U.S. communities and many global markets choose the International Codes.