Louisville, K.Y. – The International Code Council selected the new officers and directors for its 2022-2023 Board of Directors during the Annual Business Meeting at the organization’s annual conference in Louisville, KY. The board is responsible for the Code Council’s strategic direction, while also acting as the voice of the association’s membership.
The newly elected executive committee is:
- President—Michael Wich, CBO. Wich is the director of Building Code Administration and the Chief Building Official of the South Central Planning and Development Commission in Houma, Louisiana. He is a former president of the Building Officials Association of Louisiana.
- Vice President—Stuart Tom, P.E., CBO, FIAE. Tom is the Superintendent of Building and Fire for the City of Pasadena, California. He is a registered engineer in the states of Washington and California, holds a host of professional certifications, and is active in the development of fire and life safety codes and standards at the national and state level.
- Secretary/Treasurer— David Spencer, CBO. Spencer is the Operations Manager in Adams County, Washington, with a team consisting of Plans Examiners, Building Inspectors, and consultants with plan reviews, inspections, manpower, customer service, and technology needs. He is also a member of the Washington Association of Building Officials and the Region II Chapter of the Code Council.
Further, Cindy Davis, CBO will automatically assume the role of Immediate Past President. Davis is the Deputy Director of the Virginia Division of Building and Fire Regulations.
Additionally, newly elected and re-elected board members include:
- Angie Wiese, P.E., CBO, Section B Director for a 3-year term
- Ron Hampton, MCP, CBO, Section D Director for a 3-year term
- Jack Applegate, CBO, CPI, CHI, Director at Large for a 3-year term
- Shirley Ellis, CBO, Director at Large for a 2-year term
- José Roig, CBO, CCEA, Director at Large for a 3-year term
“The Code Council Board of Directors represent leaders in the profession who are committed to engaging with our membership and connecting communities with the best products, services and support in building safety,” said Dominic Sims, CBO, Chief Executive Officer of the International Code Council. “We look forward to continuing to benefit from their perspectives, knowledge and expertise as we work together to solve problems, foster connections, and broaden horizons in the building safety industry.”
The 2022 International Code Council’s annual event continues with the Public Comment Hearings, an opportunity for interested parties to participate in the development of the International Codes, the most widely used and adopted set of building safety codes in the world. To view the free live webcast, visit https://www.iccsafe.org/content/webcast/.
About the International Code Council
The International Code Council is the leading global source of model codes and standards and building safety solutions. Code Council codes, standards and solutions are used to ensure safe, affordable and sustainable communities and buildings worldwide.