The Building Membership Council is open to all ICC Members and will serve the needs of Building and others in code enforcement. You'll have an opportunity to discuss issues that you face as a community, and how ICC might best serve you.
If you're looking to get more involved in the building community, network with peers, enhance your profession and career, and influence the direction of ICC to your benefit, enroll in the Building Membership Council today. Simply fill out the enrollment form, and ICC will be in touch with more details. The Governing Committee serves to actively engage Members in discussions about priorities and opportunities for the direction of the Council.
The purpose of the Council shall be to enhance professionalism and advocate for concerns and issues that are of particular interest to building officials, to assist ICC in increasing the participation of such individuals in the ICC Code development process, and to advise ICC on programs and policies, legislative matters, code adoption issues and such other matters as the Council deems appropriate
Current Membership Council events.
Governing Committee of the ICC Building Membership Council
Dan Dockery, Chair
Ed Lisinski, Vice-Chair; City of West Allis, WI
Matt Archer, City of Lone Tree, CO
Audrey Cline, Town of Durham, NH
Mark Matheny, City of Ashville, NC
Christopher McWhite, Town of Smithfield, RI
Michael Metcalf, Plaquemines Parish, LA
Steve Nordhues, City of Norfolk, NE
Amrinder Singh, Municipality of Norristown, PA
Martin Van Gundy, City of North Canton, OH
James Williamette, City of St. Paul, MN
Doug Wise, Palm Beach County, FL
ICC Staff Liaison
Bill Nash, Senior Regional Manager, Government Relations; Middletown, RI
ICC Board Liaison
Ron Hampton, MCP, CBO, ICC Board of Directors;
Field Inspector, Department of Housing, Buildings, and Construction; Commonwealth of Kentucky
Questions on the Council? Contact Karla Higgs.
Click here to view the work of all of the ICC Membership Councils:
Upcoming Building Membership Council meetings/events
BMC Governing Committee - BMC Annual Meeting - Sunday, September 19, 2021; at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center; 1000 Fort Duquesne Blvd.; Pittsburgh, PA; 8:00 AM ET - Joint Membership Council Meeting; 9:30 AM ET - BMC Annual Meeting. Click here to view the agenda. Click here to register to attend the virtual meeting.
- NEW - ICC Membership Council meeting videos on YouTube
- Click here to view the August 25, 2021, BMC Governing Committee recorded meeting.
- Click here to view the June 23, 2021, special presentation: Gila River - Code Adoption In Tribal Nations - presented by David Jackson. Click here to view the introductory video: : A Day In The Field with the Gila River Community Building Inspectors
- Click here to view the April 14, 2021, special presentation by Nora Spencer from Hope Renovations.
- Click here to view the special joint BMC/FSMC event from December 16, 2020: Making a Difference in Our Communities: Innovative Solutions During Adverse Times - Note the password is: ICCWebex2020
- Click here to view the special presentation - "Boosting Employee Morale During COVID -19" presented by Carlos Yado, CBO; City of San Juan Capistrano, CA on September 15, 2020.
- Click here to view the committee documents.
Continuity & Outreach Subcommittee - Next meeting: Saturday, September 18, 2021; Pittsburgh, PA; 3:30 PM ET - Note that this is an in-person meeting only. Click here to view the agenda.
- Click here to view the Tuesday, August 3, 2021, recorded meeting.
- Click here to view the committee documents.
Raise The Profile Subcommittee - Next meeting: TBD.
Call for BMC Subcommittee Membership 2021
The Building Membership Council has three subcommittees. Continuity & Outreach Subcommittee (C&O) membership is limited to Membership Council Governing Committee members. The Raise The Profile (RTP) and the Communities Building Best Practices & Innovation (CBBPI) subcommittees are looking for volunteer members. Please consider joining one of these important subcommittees.
Please click here to review the description of each subcommittee.
Please click here to apply to be on a BMC subcommittee.
The Innovation in Code Administration Award
The International Code Council Government Relations Innovation in Code Administration Awards Program recognizes fire and building organizations for innovation in the delivery of code administration services in their communities.
Click on link below, now accepting applications. Deadline is June 30, 2021.
Boost Employee Morale During COVID-19
ICC Code Chat Forums
Want to comment on the latest Building Membership Council news and discuss related building activities? Visit ICC's discussion forums today!